There is no limit on the number of keywords able to be searched concurrently. Searches are “accent insensitive” – that is diacritics are ignored in the keywords. e.g. searching on cafe will find both cafe and café.
Phrases (“a phrase”) are ignored as they are implicit (see below). The words “AND” and “OR” are ignored as they are implicit (see below). Search results are constructed as follows (using the example search keywords Addington Raceway):
1. First, return any listings with the whole phrase “Addington Raceway” present in any of the more relevant fields marked for searching.
2. Second, return any listings with the whole phrase “Addington Raceway” present in any of the less relevant fields marked for searching.
3. Third, return any listings with BOTH “Addington” AND “Raceway” present in any of the more relevant fields marked for searching. The words do not have to be adjoining or any particular order.
4. Fourth, return any listings with BOTH “Addington” AND “Raceway” present in any of the less relevant fields marked for searching. The words do not have to be adjoining or any particular order.
5. Fifth, return any listings with EITHER “Addington” OR “Raceway” present in any of the more relevant fields marked for searching.
6. Sixth, return any listings with EITHER “Addington” OR “Raceway” present in any of the less relevant fields marked for searching.
The above six searches are combined in the search results, with no duplicates, with results listed in the order above.
Complete the PDF form available at the top of the ‘Request New Entry’ online form and post it to the address specified on the form.
Go to the main content page of your organisation and at the bottom of that page is a link called ‘Request change’. Click on this link and change the required fields. Once submitted you will need to visit your organisation’s supplied email account to confirm you want the changes made.
Search for your organisation
All information provided, excluding the 'Your details' section of the 'Request New' form, will be listed on CINCH and available for visitors to the website to view and use. Please note, email addresses will be listed.
CINCH lists community organisations, clubs and education providers in the greater Christchurch area. We include:
• Community run organisations within the greater Christchurch area
• Professional or occupational organisations
• National organisations with a local presence and high local importance
• Organisations offering a community service such as a course, workshop or hall for hire
• Links to organisations that are part of the local infrastructure such as eco depots, parks, educational establishments, utility companies and sports and recreation providers
Christchurch City Libraries reserves the right to include or exclude any listing.
Note: Inclusion on the database is not intended as an endorsement of the activities of any organisation listed. As a rule we do not list commercial businesses.
To keep information as up to date as possible, Christchurch City Libraries contacts every listed organisation annually. Not all organisations respond, however we inform organisations that if they do not reply we consider their information to be up-to-date. If however we do not hear from that organisation for several successive years their listing is removed.
Each record contains a ‘Last Updated’ date indicating when the a) information was last updated, or b) when the organisation was last contacted.
Google maps and directions are not produced or maintained by the CINCH Team at Christchurch City Libraries. Please note that geocoding is not an exact science so we can not guarantee all maps be free from error or omission.
Contact us using the online form on the Contact Us page or alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 941-7923.
For Technical Support, please contact us at:
CINCH Administration Team
Christchurch City Libraries
PO Box 73045